It is the policy of Thomaston Savings Bank to provide effective communication to our customers with disabilities in accordance with The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws. We will generally, upon request, provide appropriate aids and services leading to effective communication for qualified persons with disabilities so they can participate equally in our programs, services and activities, including making information and communications accessible to people who have speech, hearing, or vision impairments.
Our site adheres to WCAG standards in order to provide accessibility to many.
Thomaston Savings Bank is committed to providing a website that is as accessible as our branches. We have implemented the recommendations of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) as published by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C.)
There is no single definitive test of conformance to Level AA of the WCAG but we have used a variety of methods for assessing our accessibility. If you find a part of the site that you feel does not conform to Level AA of the WCAG or are having difficulty getting the information you need, please use one of the methods below to let us know so that we can rectify it.
- Thomaston Savings Bank strives to make every page accessible to users but cannot guarantee that every page conforms to WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
- Some pages have partial conformance due to the use of 3rd party vendors. As such Thomaston Savings Bank does not claim full site-wide Conformance, instead a partial conformance, as defined by WCAG Level AA 2.0. Thomaston Savings Bank cannot ensure conformance of crucial third-party plug-ins and widgets.
- Our conformance claims only extend to pages within the Thomastonsavingsbank.com domain.
- Thomaston Savings Bank has used WCAG guidelines for compliance as suggested by the Department of Justice. Though some of the conformance found in WCAG conforms with 508 Compliance, we are not 508 Compliant.
- Thomaston Savings Bank chose to use WCAG for conformance because they are determined by the W3C, the consortium that makes all guidelines for the Internet, worldwide.
- We are in the process of converting our PDFs to conformant versions. If you find one that does not conform or is not readable, please contact us so we may send you the information in a format that works for you.
- Thomaston Savings Bank uses automated testing as a baseline for conformance but understands W3C's position that ‘there is as yet no tool that can perform a completely automatic assessment on the checkpoints in the guidelines, and fully automatic testing may remain difficult or impossible'.