Thomaston Savings Bank Foundation Rewards 35 Grants for Hartford County
Thomaston Savings Bank awarded 35 grants totaling in $97,500 during Phase I of its Foundation Grant Cycle. Grant applications were considered for nonprofit and government agencies addressing the needs in the towns of Bristol, Farmington and Unionville. These funds are dedicated to responding to the direct needs of the local community.
“We rely heavily on donations and grants to keep our organization operating. This year, we received funds from the Foundation to address the unexpected expense of removing a tree and replacing a fence for the safety of our shelter and its occupants. Thank you Thomaston Savings Bank Foundation for helping to keep our residents and staff safe.” – Christine Thebarge, Executive Director, St. Vincent DePaul Mission of Bristol
The Thomaston Savings Bank Foundation was created in 1997 to distribute funds annually to a variety of local programs. Each year, the Foundation hosts a grant cycle to provide funding to organizations that are assisting the community in their respective counties. To best serve the community the Foundation hosts its grant cycle in three phases: Hartford County, Litchfield County, and New Haven County and considers applications from local nonprofit and government agencies in support of the following focus areas: arts & culture, community development, education and youth services, health and human services, and public safety.
“The funds received by the Thomaston Savings Bank Foundation will help us to provide free music and creative arts instruction, dinner each time they gather, and free transportation to over 25 underprivileged youth in Bristol.” – Captain Shareena Echavarria, Corps Officer, The Salvation Army of Bristol
Hartford County Recipients:
- American Clock & Watch Museum
- Boys & Girls Club of Bristol
- Bristol Adult Resource Center, Inc.
- Bristol Child Development Center
- Bristol Historical Society
- Bristol Little League
- Bristol Recovery Club, Inc.
- Bristol Veterans Council, Inc.
- City of Bristol - Fire Department Program
- City of Bristol - Police Cadet Program
- City of Bristol - Police Youth Athletic Program
- Covenant to Care for Children, Inc.
- East Farmington Volunteer Fire Department, Inc.
- Farmington Food Pantry, Inc.
- Farmington Land Trust
- Gloria Dei Lutheran Church
- Grace Pantry
- Hand to Hand Direct Care Ministry, Inc.
- Healing Meals Community
- Hill-Stead Museum
- Memorial Military Museum, Inc.
- Nutmeg Symphony Orchestra
- Operation PEACCE Robotics / 4H-CT Foundation
- PARC, Inc.
- Prudence Crandall Center, Inc.
- Shepard Meadows Therapeutic Riding Center, Inc.
- St. Vincent DePaul Mission of Bristol, Inc.
- StrokeOT, Inc.
- The Family Center
- The New England Carousel Museum, Inc.
- The Salvation Army
- United Way of West Central Connecticut
- Veterans Strong Community Center
- Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church
Phase II for Litchfield County opens on July 1st and will consider applications from local nonprofit and government agencies addressing community needs in the following towns; Bethlehem, Harwinton, Plymouth, Terryville, Thomaston, Torrington, Watertown and Oakville. Please submit all applications before the July 31st deadline. For more information go to ThomastonSB.com/Foundation.